Técnico MSc graduates in Radiological Protection and Safety are qualified to perform activities in institutions and companies in the sectors of Health, Industry, Environment, Energy, Safety, Regulation and Research as:
• Calculation, assessment and measurement of doses to professionals, patients and users, members of the public and the environment, arising from the use of ionizing radiation and radiological practices;
• Provision of services (dosimetry, shielding calculations, radioactive waste management, determination of radioactivity in food, water and other consumer goods, etc.) to hospitals and companies;
• Advice and consulting on topics associated to the use of ionizing radiation beams and sources, radioactive materials, etc;
• Evaluation of technologies involving ionizing radiation;
• Research and development, in Radiological Protection, Dosimetry, Radiobiology, Radioactive Waste, Radioecology, Environmental Radioactivity;
• Epidemiological studies in populations exposed to ionizing radiation in medical and environmental exposures (radon, NORM, others);
• Radiological inspection;
• Regulatory activities (Ionizing Radiation Regulatory Authority, competent authorities);
• Communication of the radiological risk arising from radiological practices and use of ionizing radiation;
• Outreach and dissemination.
In some of these activities, further training and recognition of specific competences may be required by the regulatory authorities and/or competent authorities.